Thursday, June 16, 2016
Asian Wok Baked Garlic Butter Chicken
It may or may not come as a big surprise to some that both my wife ad I are big fans of Chef Gordon Ramsey. No, it isn’t his winning personality that has made us fans. It is they idea that we have heard him stress over and over that the keys to good food are fresh ingredients, treated with respect. Good food doesn’t have to be complicated; it just has to be good.
This recipe is a prime example of this idea. It is simple to make, takes very little time, creates minimal mess and will simply blow people’s minds with its delectable flavor. So, if you like the idea of making people think you spent hours creating a restaurant quality meal when it took mere minutes, keep reading.
· Whole chicken breast on the bone, with skin
· 2 Tbs. Oil, Coconut preferred but your choice
· 1/8 lb. Butter
· 4 Cloves of garlic, crushed and peeled
· ¼ tsp. Paprika
o Pepper, cracked
o Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
1) Take your whole breast and sprinkle with paprika, salt and pepper. Be sure to coat both the skin and the meat under the skin.
2) Allow chicken to rest 15-20 minutes
3) Place your wok over a high flame and add oil, allowing it to come up to high temp.
4) Drop your chicken into oil, skin side down, allowing the skin to start browning but not becoming crisp.
5) Turn chicken, bone side down, cover with a lid and reduce heat to a low flame.
6) Allow to cook covered for 10-15 minutes.
7) Add butter and garlic and cook, covered basting every few minutes until skin turns golden brown and becomes crisp.
8) Sprinkle with fresh Parsley and serve.