Friday, March 1, 2013

Malunggay, Miracle Tree Part 2


Malunggay, Miracle Tree

Part 2
Moringa oleifera


Last week I started telling you about the Malunggay tree. I touched on its heritage and the ways that the entire plant can be used. This week I want to pass along why the Drumstick Tree is called the Miracle Tree.


English: The elongated drumstick-like pods of ...
English: The elongated drumstick-like pods of Moringa oleifera, that gives the tree its name - the drumstick tree. Locality: Colombia (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
I try to give you information on eating healthy whole foods and introduce you to new food experiences. Because of this I do a lot of research and read constantly about the health and nutritional benefits of different foods and seasonings. To date, I can say that I have found nothing to compare to this one plant. Malunggay is truly a miracle of nature.

Malunggay has within its body such a mix as is found nowhere else. Here are just a few facts. Malunggay has:

·        7x the Vitamin C found in oranges

·        4x the calcium of milk

·        2x the protein of milk

·        4x the Beta Carotene (Vitamin A) of Carrots

·         3x the Potassium of Bananas

·        3x the Iron of Spinach


Add to the above these facts, Malunggay contain:


Moringa oleifera
Moringa oleifera (Photo credit: Mauricio Mercadante)
·        90 Known nutrients

·        46 Antioxidant compounds

·        18 Amino Acids, including all 8 Essential Amino Acids

·        36 Anti-inflammatory compounds

·        A healthy dose of Omega 3 Fatty Acids

The health benefits of Malunggay are:

·        Reduction of Cholesterol

·        Reduction of Triglycerides

·        Balancing of the bodies sugars

·        Reduction of inflammation

·        Reduction of Cancer risk

Not a bad plant.
Moringa oleifera
Moringa oleifera (Photo credit: dinesh_valke)

I would like to apologize to my readers for this piece. I know it is not of the caliber that you have come to expect from me. Somewhere between waking up today and writing this article, the world managed to suck the life out of me. I promised you the second part today and I always keep my promises so I’ve done the best I can.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know how we are doing. Comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.