Saturday, February 16, 2013

Garlic Ginger Dressing Recipe



Garlic Ginger Dressing


The closeup of a salad. Ingredients include le...Here is another of my favorite dressings, it is wonderful over a spring greens salad and its dreamy texture and nutty flavor makes it a nice dip for fresh vegies. I can usually tell you that I found this recipe here or that it was inspired by that, but the honest truth is, this one came from my own twisted search for new ways to use two of my favorite seasonings. Sometimes, the best part of what I do is that it allows me to go in the kitchen say what if. You should try it. Experimenting is fun and the worst that can happen is you’ll end up with a new dish of dog food instead of dinner. Luckily for me my dog will eat anything and we have plenty of takeout places to call.

A very creamy dressing this recipe contains no cream,no yougurt, sour cream but is peanut butter based. This allows it to be healthier than other creamy dressings while still maintaining a texture that is familiar and appealing.


½ cup Oil (sesame if you have it or peanut)

1 Tbs Peanut Butter (your choice)

2 tsp Soya (Soy Sauce)

½ tsp Oyster Sauce

2 Tbs Lemon Juice (Calamansi juice if you have it)

1 clove Garlic minced

1 tsp Ginger finely grated


calamondin
calamondin (Photo credit: M. Martin Vicente)
In a bowl combine oil, peanut butter, soya, Oyster sauce and lemon juice; mix to a smooth consistency. Add your garlic and ginger and mix until it is evenly distributed. All this can be done with a mixer on medium speed in less than a minute but I tend to be old school and do believe that method does affect taste. Enjoy!

Preparation Time: 15 minutes                                                    Makes:3/4 cup
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know how we are doing. Comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.