Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Happy Valentines Everyone


My Gift to You


The Art of Salad
There seems to be a lot of interest in Salad Dressing this time of year. Actually that’s not a big surprise, one of the top New Year’s resolutions is “I’m going to lose weight and get in shape”. For most people this means salads and light dressings. Unfortunately, for most people, this promise will not make it to Valentines’ Day. I believe that to a great extent this is because salads can be boring. If all you have are the off the shelf dressings (Read the labels, Yuk) and Salad Bar style Green Salads you’re not going to make it. Salads don’t have to be blah; they can be interesting, exciting and very tasty. There are many styles of salads and dressings to try. So, my Valentines’ Day Gift to you my readers is not chocolates or candies; I give you no cookies or cakes. I give you what I hope will be an introduction to a style of food and cooking that will help you keep that New Years’ promise to yourself. I hope this is well received, If you ask, I may make salads and dressings a regular feature. Please let me know what you think and don’t forget to send me your request for my basics feature “Basic but Wow” each Sunday. Leave your comments here or twit me at @glovvornblog.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know how we are doing. Comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.